Why I Write ...

Purely as a form of expression to the emotions that run riot in my life at different junctures. This blog has seen several title revisions that also reflect the state of being and evolution I am constantly in. If one were to remain stagnant in hope of never changing their temporal present, one will awaken someday to much regret. Life is about living, evolving and adapting to the constant changes all around us.

My spot on the web is essentially a journey along with my monologue ramblings of my coherent mind accompanied by the incoherent thing called life. Read me if you like ... if you don't it is not the end of the world. I am at the very least a believer in humility lifts us further than pride.

Happy trails

2 April 2009

Rear Ended Again!!!!! Apr 01, 2009

I swear I’ve never knocked into anybody in all my 6+ years of driving. I might have in avoiding a maniacal driver when my Charles was but 2 weeks old smashed my left side 2 doors unto a bus – after that baptism of pain I’ve never been in an accident because I am extra extra cautious.

Admittedly my side parking is a little weak so on the odd occasion I might end up too close to the kerb but it’s always in slow motion so Charles has remained thankfully dent free. But in the last 2 years I think Charles has been reared end about 6 times. And all times Charles was not moving – stationary at the traffic lights or toll booth waiting for the car in front to clear past the booth. 5 out of those 6 times it has been women drivers and one of them rear ended Charles 2x in 5 minutes. Adoi!!!! Malu kaum these people.

Thankfully the Kia Rio 2003 model comes with a rather sexy-licious round butt … and the bumper even though has been rear ended so many times, does not show the damage because the other car usually ends up under my bumper and then when they try to get off it sounds and feels like Charles is about to lose his butt … haahahahahh shakes me up good and proper.

So there I was yesterday evening at the Bt. 3 Toll Plaza waiting for the car ahead to move along and listening to BFM and some old skool rock and **CRASSSSHHHHHH** and mind you we’d been stationary for some 5 minutes and this woman can actually scold me. Like err you whacked my car and you scold me??

I put my indicator and moved to the left of the road once past the toll as I didn’t see a point of getting out and causing a jam at the toll booth … she could have driven off but apparently she did have a conscience even if she was an GOD AWFUL driver – just looking at her car I was like OMFG HTF she have a licence. A quick check of Charles butt it was as expected – no visible damage just more paint scrapped off the underside. But obviously she hit hard coz Charles did get a dent on the top.

So now thanks to that moron who reversed into Charles in the parking lot and left a nasty dent on the front and this lady’s contribution on the rear – people are going to look at them and then at me and go Lady Driver when fooking bloody hell, I’m a damn good driver and very vigilant and defensive in keeping myself out of accidents and bumper kissing scrapes …

Now I can say I am a good driver because everyone who has sat in my car, tell me that and they don’t do it out of desire to get out alive seeing as when I am flying, Charles and me are kicking dust. But I am damn good at anticipating the other driver’s nonsense, not something everyone can do … and as I was sitting in that toll lane yesterday evening, my left eyelid started to twitch, and I thought to myself be careful ani when you’re on the highway … next thing I knew bang – me thinks the gift of sight is rather unnerving!

I didn’t lose my cool too much though because I felt that the woman rear ending Charles was way better than had she not – because I had a vision of shattered glass, twisted metal and no sight of me …. Perhaps God’s angels made it in the nick of time.

So it could have been worse, so I am glad I am alive and kicking still ….

No comments: