Why I Write ...

Purely as a form of expression to the emotions that run riot in my life at different junctures. This blog has seen several title revisions that also reflect the state of being and evolution I am constantly in. If one were to remain stagnant in hope of never changing their temporal present, one will awaken someday to much regret. Life is about living, evolving and adapting to the constant changes all around us.

My spot on the web is essentially a journey along with my monologue ramblings of my coherent mind accompanied by the incoherent thing called life. Read me if you like ... if you don't it is not the end of the world. I am at the very least a believer in humility lifts us further than pride.

Happy trails

22 January 2009

Nothing Changes ... Jan 21, 2008

I have to say, everytime I hear this "Nothing Changes" whether it be in the movies, in songs, in the words I might read randomly off the printed pages or worse from someone I know - I cringe internally while maintaining a steady smile on the outside.

This has got to be one of the most over-used phrases that nobody actually really means when they say it. Either that or they haven't heard or don't subscribe to "The Only Constant is Change" because inevitably be it good or bad change, sad or happy change - change just bloody happens - you can hang on to things all you want it just moves you along with its momentum.

What's important is how we deal with that change ... and let me be the first to put my hand up and say, I deal with change especially the kind that's forced upon me very badly, even if it might eventually work out to be good for me but I initially do very badly with adapting.

Also on a personal note, every time someone has said to me in response to a question of mine - "Nothing Changes" I sense the death knoll of all that was. ahahhahaha I must be an awful person in some way ... because nothing ever stays the way it was for me ... am always in some constantly turbulent wave of change.

Apparently change is good. Errr can I beg to differ on this? Especially if the change includes the exit of someone/s that have become very much a part of my existence? I find that I have learnt to deal with type of change even if I hate having to. The only way I can possibly avoid the pain from such a change is to avoid interactions of any kind and this is not something I can do ... I am too damned people oriented to be an isolated rock on my own.

At times I want to scream no no please don't say those words - but they unwittingly do, and then incredulously everything changes from that point on. Or in the false security of their promises I might relax and be myself more and WHAM! like a bloody left hook, it's all changed.

Last night as I drove back from work, for some reason this phrase kept bugging me. It just kept coming up to my face and like a slap reminded me of all the 'nothing changes' moments and how much I have personally also changed and evolved since then.

Got to admit though am doing better now at adapting to things even if these are changes that do not necessarily make me happy and also learning that all changes big or small eventually lead me to something else ... my next adventure. I suppose one must try to look at everything from as many angles.

So seeing as change is the constant and I am despite my misgivings embracing these changes best I can, can you please do me one simple favour ... if you're trying to make me feel better about anything, please don't you ever say Nothing Changes, chances are change has kicked in way long time ago ...

In the mean time ... here's a number from The Thrills - Nothing Changes Around Here for your entertainment ...





No comments: