Why I Write ...

Purely as a form of expression to the emotions that run riot in my life at different junctures. This blog has seen several title revisions that also reflect the state of being and evolution I am constantly in. If one were to remain stagnant in hope of never changing their temporal present, one will awaken someday to much regret. Life is about living, evolving and adapting to the constant changes all around us.

My spot on the web is essentially a journey along with my monologue ramblings of my coherent mind accompanied by the incoherent thing called life. Read me if you like ... if you don't it is not the end of the world. I am at the very least a believer in humility lifts us further than pride.

Happy trails

9 June 2008

Narnia, It's Magic June 09, 2008

Yesterday being the last of the school break, decided that since I've not done anything nice with the girls due to work and purse constraints, I said ok let's go watch Po in Kung Fu Panda.

The original plan was to do this on Saturday, but seeing as I returned for visiting the late VP Thomas uncle and I had my back totally stuck - this was not going to happen. So groaning in pain I turned in early Saturday night promising the kids we'd go Sunday.

The pain didn't actually disappear in fact it throbbed worse in my lower back but a promise is a promise. So we all took out showers and got ready and off we went to try and catch Kung Fu Panda. The girls were super excited.

We got to Jusco and dropped Ping off to run get tickets while I looked for parking. We got parking but no KFP tickets not even for any of the later shows. Disappointment was on their little faces. So quick thinking - hey there's Narnia Prince Caspian - should be fun we get to see Aslan and Peter and Susan and Edmund and Lucy and with any luck I might get to drool over Mr. Tumnus again (sorry he was not in this movie - damn it!!)

Firstly Tumnus if you remember is the chap with the umbrella and the goat lower body ... aaaa I did so love his little horns and curls ... *slap slap* .ani what is with you and hairy men *ehehhe* - long and short - there was no Tumnus to get me all oogly eyed! ... and some how the centaurs this time just didn't kick it like the centaurs from the last movie.

Anyhows, Ashna and Kasha enjoyed the movie thoroughly seeing as they'd just watched the first movie on Disney the night before. I have to say I enjoyed the movie too. Perhaps its my over active imagination which relates to the existence of mythical half man half animal creatures, dwarfs and the like but as the ending scene came in when the Telmarians and the Narnians we within the same space, it made my hurt leap with joy - if only the world were this simple, and differences were celebrated instead of being feared and in feared destroyed.

Watching the mighty Aslan, I wished with all my heart, I would be so blessed to have his powers and also his knowledge of all things in its time and place. To have Lucy's trust and unconditional faith in Aslan.

It helps all of us to have a little magic in this mundane existence. Unless you're in the ultra elite rich strata of society to have anything and everything at your beck and call, magic is all we have to take us away from our realities.

It is often said that the Indian movies even as ridiculous as the plot might seem to the rational mind draws in droves of people all finding a little unattainable magic in that 3 hours of song dance fight and love captured on the silver screen.

I think that's really what is missing in our lives today. Simple we all lack magic in our beings. So wrapped up in facts and figures and theories to disprove anything science cannot explain. We have lost that element of untarnished hope and dreams.

Today we're all about making money, pushing the dollar just that extra mile till the next cheque comes in. We hardly notice the wonders of the world we live in.

Yesterday after the movie the kids, Ping and I were in McD's having a quick lunch before Ashna's haircut before school, and I was looking at my 2 girls, all excited with their happy meal toy - something from KFP obviously! and munching on their fries and nuggets. And I felt a burst of pride and joy in my heart and I said to Ping, I have to be perasan here but I have 2 beautiful daughters, I am so proud God blessed me with them.

Truth be told, they are beautiful children. Brats no doubt but beautiful. And I must be blessed to have had God pick me to be their mommy. Ain't doing a great job at it but still, my BratAngels love me unconditionally. Realising that was magic to my soul. It put a smile on my face for the rest of the evening even when I got irritated that my streamyx modem was kaput and I couldn't get online. I said to myself, I have beautiful babies.

This morning driving to work, Ping and me saw the most beautiful rainbow in the sky ... it's hard to describe and I had not camera to capture another brilliant display of God's presence in this world. To me it was magic yet again in the simplest of forms.

The sky was blue, then there was some rain and now there's an orange hue as dusk descends. And these tiny details reassure me that if I open my eyes and my mind, there's magic all around, I don't need to be in Narnia, I just to be here and be me.

The petrol hike, the cost of living hike, the lack thereof of funds to assist in cushioning these hikes are like the White Witch and the Telmarines. They are the challenges that we the mortal men and women have to face. And like the Narnians we need to raise above our fear of being wiped out to once again live with hope and positive aspirations.

Sometimes I feel a little embarrassed that people might think me weird. I often feel in tune with the vibes of the universe and small things renew my faith that as much as we suffer we shall rejoice. I have so many down days, that it cannot seem at all that I have any hope of good things happening.

But we must not lose hope ... we must not lose sight of our dreams ... this is the magic within ourselves to carry us through the darkest of days along with prayer and faith. And I remind myself often enough that I am not alone in this journey, so many before me, so many will come after me ... this path is well trodden, and those who dream will see magic in their life times ...

Yes .... Narnia is a wonderful expression of Magic ... and I am a believer of Magic from within.

Happy week all ..




No comments: